Love a good burger that even though vegetarian or vegan burgers lack flavor.
After trying recipe after recipe we found one that is tasty non-meat based burgers are made from tofu (a soybean product), or dried beans.
You can add:
– use portabello mushrooms. that can be grilled like a burger all on their own
-to add depth ,nutrition and fiber.
- avoid onions because they can overpower a delicate balance
- use shallots because theyare milder, but still impart an onion flavor.
- perfect replacement for them is a tablespoon of flax seeds (for each egg) .Soak them in water for ten minutes.
Bread crumbs or oatmeal
- to hold burgers together and provide texture.
- for extra flavor and go for a brand made without anchovies.
- a basic seasoning for these burgers
- choose a type that suits you.
- oregano, dill, and parsley or what ever works for you best
Veggie Burger Recipe
– cut into small pieces 2 cups of portabello mushrooms,
-soaked until soft and mashed 2 cups of black beans,
-brown in a pan½ cup minced shallots
– 3 spoons of flax seeds soaked in water
-½ cup bread crumbs or oatmeal
-1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried herbs of choice
-oil for cooking
-cast iron skillet or grill
- blend everything together
- form into patties
- store in refrigerator, overnight
- heat cast iron skillet on medium high heat
- add the oil
- put the burgers
- sear on one side,
- flip and sear the other side
- lower the heat
- cook through
- serve hot
Live healthy and amazing life …