One study conducted in 2013 showed that only 30% of Americans are actively avoiding gluten even thought we all know that he has harmful effects and several health conditions respond well to a Gluten-Free Diet.
What is gluten?
- a family of proteins found in grains ( wheat, spelled, rye and barley)
- two main proteins, gluten, gliadin and glutenin designated
- when we mix wheat flour with water, gluten proteins sticky form a mixed network has a sticky consistency
- the adhesive TEN is derived from the tail-like property
- gluten makes elastic dough with the ability to increase during cooking,tastes good and provides a smooth, satisfying texture.
Many people are sensitive to gluten
- extreme kind of gluten intolerance is celiac illness and this kind of allergy affects about 0.7-1% of the population
- it is brought on by an autoimmune response when the gliadin proteins go into the digestion system and can cause a deteriorated gut lining, nutrient deficiencies, extreme digestive concerns and other serious digestion conditions
- the majority of people with celiac illness aren’t aware that they have it
- another condition is non-celiac gluten level of sensitivity and it involves an unfavorable reaction to gluten
- at people with gluten sensitivity, gluten can trigger diarrhea, stomach pain, bloating, tiredness, anxiety and different other symptoms.
A gluten-free diet is also very efficient for some cases of schizophrenia, autism and a type of cerebellar ataxia called gluten ataxia.
A Gluten-Free Diet plan
You need to avoid:
Wheat: – wheat, wheat flour, wheat germ and wheat bran.
Durum wheat flour, corn flour, whole wheat flour, semolina…
Cookies, crackers, cookies.
Sauces, dressings and sauces, especially soy sauce.
Cakes, pies and cakes.
Gluten can be found in all kinds of processed foods so read the label
Eat Oats because they do not contain gluten .
Some supplements and medications may contain gluten so again read the label.
Foods to Eat
Nuts: almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc.
Tubers: potato, sweet potatoes, etc.
Healthy fats: olive oil, avocado oil, butter, coconut oil. Meat: chicken, beef, lamb, etc.
Fish and Seafood: salmon, trout, haddock, shrimp, etc.
Eggs any style, but / Omega-3 enriched grass eggs are the best.
Dairy: milk, the cheese, yogurt.
Vegetables: broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, carrots, onions, etc.
Fruits: apples, avocados, bananas, Orange, pears, strawberries, blueberries, etc.
Legumes: Lentils, beans, peanuts, etc.
Herbs, spices and seasonings: salt, garlic, pepper, vinegar, mustard, etc.
Gluten Grains: Quinoa, rice, maize, flax, millet, sorghum, tapioca, buckwheat, arrowroot, amaranth and oats (gluten free when labeled).
What about processed foods without gluten?
- get many alternative products processed gluten(breads, cakes, muffins, cakes, biscuits )
- gluten-free junk food is still junk food.
- if you care about your general health you should avoid all of this
- drink the water, coffee and tea on a gluten-free diet
- fruit juices and sugary drinks are gluten-free
- avoid / minimize fruit juice because they are rich in sugar
- avoid beer unless is with liquor gluten.
Sample Menu gluten for a week
- Scrambled eggs and veggies,
- a piece of fruit.
- Chicken salad, with extra virgin olive oil
- a handful of nuts.
- Ground beef stir fry,
- some veggies
- brown rice
- Oatmeal (gluten-free oats)
- whole milk and raisins.
- A smoothie with coconut milk,
- chocolate whey protein powder,
- berries and almonds.
- Salmon, fried in butter, with salad.
- Omelet with veggies, and a piece of fruit.
- Burgers (no bun), fried in butter,
- Greek yogurt
- sliced fruits and nuts.
- A tuna salad dressed in olive oil.
- Meatballs with vegetables and brown rice.
- Eggs and vegetables, fried in coconut oil,
- a piece of fruit.
- meatballs from the night before.
- Steak with vegetables
- mashed sweet potatoes.
- a piece of fruit.
- Leftover steak,
- sweet potatoes
- Baked salmon with butter
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs, with some fruit.
- Greek yogurt with berries, sliced fruit,
- Grilled chicken wings,
- vegetables, salsa and rice.
Snacks, Gluten Free Healthy
- Rice cakes.
- Young carrots.
- Boiled eggs.
- A piece of fruit.
- A handful of nuts.
To eat and drink
- skip the bread
- source of protein (meat or fish) with vegetables and a potato or rice on the side, are excellent gluten-free meals when eating.
Live healthy and amazing …